For our client, an engineering consulting firm, we are currently looking for an Intermediate/Senior Hydrologist for their Vancouver office.
· Responsible for the design and installation of hydrological monitoring networks, watershed and catchment analysis and mapping, and rainfall runoff modeling
· Modeling evaporation, infiltration, through-flow, runoff and erosion, surface water hydrograph analysis and interpretation, regional flow data research and analysis, surface water flow measurements and stream profiling.
· Travel throughout British Columbia and Alberta, possible travel to projects based internationally
· Leading and working with cross-discipline teams insuring projects meet deadlines and budgets while maintaining the highest standard of quality
· Help in the guidance of junior and new technical staff
· A minimum Bachelor's Degree in a hydrology related field (a Master's of Science Degree would be an asset) along with a considerable amount of hyrdological experience
· 5 years + of related work experience
· Must be registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist/Geoscientist-(P.Eng) (P.Geo)
· Proficient knowledge of provincial and federal Environmental Assessment process
· Outstanding 'team player' skills in a cross-functional and multi-disciplined environment; excellent communication skills required
· Technical capability and detail-oriented
· Customer service prioritization, problem solving skills, and leadership capacity
Please apply via email by sending an adequate resume (PDF or MS Word document) to: email@example.com. Make mention of the exact job title in the subject line. Please send your resume, according to Canadian law, without any personal information except of contact details and name. We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.