For our client, a leading Vancouver based Fuel Cell Development Company, we are looking for a Sr. Mechanical Design (CAD) Technologist. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
· Work with a team of engineers to design and support a variety of stack and/or system related projects which are integral throughout the product development process including conceptualization through final product release.
· Create and maintain models and drawings throughout the course of the program using basic change order methods.
· Adhere to basic CAD and Design standards that have been incorporated to ensure quality documentation release.
· Be proactive and thorough in checking and reviewing all detail on design drawings and liaising with the responsible Engineer and CAD Designer to amend the drawing(s) as appropriate.
Other responsibilities include:
· Supporting the 3-D CAD modeling with Pro/ENGINEER software.
· Working with engineers to convey requirements to models and drawings.
· Producing high quality detailed engineering drawings on Pro/ENGINEER.
· Applying and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
· Providing Pro/ENGINEER based process instructions for Manufacturing.
· Working with suppliers and IQC to understand drawing callouts needed for QC and inspection.
· Documenting release through the formal AFCC change control procedure.
· Designing prototype/production tooling, fixtures and jigs.
· Reviewing engineering assembly and detail drawings in compliance with ASME Y14.5M.
· Working with CAD Designers and Engineers and checking the accuracy of all engineering drawings.
· Examining engineering drawings for completeness, clarity, fit including tolerance build up and dimensional accuracy.
· Bachelor or associate degree/diploma in a mechanical technology program or related field with 5-7 years of professional CAD design experience dealing with complex mechanical design issues.
· Strong applied working knowledge of design standards, practices and techniques for modeling and drawing documentation including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
· Strong working knowledge of ASME Y14.5M and the ability to complete basic tolerance analysis.
· A minimum of 10,000 hours/5 years experience with Pro/ENGINEER.
· Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire Drafting, Modeling experience with certification preferred.
· Experience with Top Down Assembly techniques, comfortable with complex part and assembly models.
· Knowledge of assembly and fabrication processes and familiar with shop practices such as milling, grinding, lathe work, molding, threading and assembly.
· Experience with Configuration Management business processes, using Siemens Teamcenter.
· Experience within the automotive or high tech industry is an asset,
· Ability to travel on short notice.
· Experience working with teams and cross functional groups.
· Highly creative, hardworking and achievement focused.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Please apply via email by sending an adequate resume in a PDF or MS Word document and mention the exact job title in the subject line. Please send your resume without any personal information except of contact details and name, accordingly to Canadian law. Please send your application to: email@example.com